Saturday 11 September 2010

Day 10 - Rain, rain, go away.....

What a miserable day. Cloud, rain and grey skies, Well that put paid to my plans for today.  Also had a stinking headache/migraine :0(

Did my research last night and it looks like my next little road trip just has to be Repulse Bay. Now I know the name is enough to put you off, but it looks charming, with plenty of character and history to it.
ttp://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/attractions/hk-repulse-bay.html

Oooohh I was sooo excited so imagine my disappointment this morning when I heard the rain. I'm loving my tan even if the old pins still need a bit of work. Anyway had to take this pic rather quickly while I was waiting for the lift. Oh and it's a real tan!



Observations from today;

  1. Chinese people are like magpies.  They adore bling whether from 'diamond' encrusted watches to sequin clad shoes, they just have to have it.
  2. Chinese women are short.  So far I haven't seen one woman that is taller than me!!

Got an email from my Dad today saying how he thinks about me all the time. That had me in tears. I miss all my friends and family soooo much. I know this is a fantastic opportunity but it doesn't stop you missing all the people you know and love.

Had an afternoon nap as my headache was not getting any better. Dreamt I was home with my Dad and Jim.  Gutted when I woke and realised it wasn't real.  Felt really homesick today.  I think it was because of the weather, I haven't really had anything else to do but think.  That's always dangerous with me!

Cheered up though after a bit of chit chat with the lovely Kellie Chan, see that's all I was missing, a bit of a catch up with my friends. Thanks Kell, I love you xxxxxx

Had a chat with my 14 year old niece today.  At school she's just started to study construction.  Looks like I'm not the only tom boy in the family.  I reckon we'd make a good pair of Bob the Builders lol.  I asked her if she had a boyfriend and she said no as her Mom and Dad wouldn't let her!.  They need to watch out, she's got legs up to her armpits and she'll be a heart breaker that one in a few years, you mark my words!!

Had a chat on Facebook with Tom, my Dad and Sis and this time I didn't feel sad but that could of been as I was stuffing my face with pizza and then washed it down with waffles.  Really must go for a run tomorrow or I won't just be coming back brown, I'll be fat and brown. Hmmmm if I stay slim, that's less surface area to tan and therefore should tan quicker. Genius, why didn't I think of that before!

Right my loves, I'm going to have a little read of my book now for a bit, as that always guarantees to make me feel sleepy.  Got to get my hours in before the bleeding maid comes round rattling her keys in the hallway in the morning!!

Sleep well xxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment