Thursday 9 September 2010

Day 8 - The Day of The Sun Worshipping Goddess....

OMG last night there was the most HORRIFIC thunder storm. In all my years (21 lol), I have never heard thunder like it.  It was sooo loud, I almost felt like a baby of the blitz!!!  Every clap made you jump out of your skin, I mean, there was some serious boomage going on!!!

I didn't get to sleep till 1.30am. If it hadn't been so hot, I'd have been hiding under my quilt I can tell you!

Got woken up by the maid at 7am this morning (grrrrrr), she's soooo noisy. I think my Nytol must of worn off by then as I just couldn't get back to sleep!

I knew the weather forecast for today was tropical - between 33 and 36 degrees which is far too hot for sight seeing so what better way to enjoy it than getting down the beach for a bit of well deserved sun worship.

There are quite a few beaches on Hong Kong Island, but I went with Deep Water Bay (South Hong Kong Island) as it's the closest and as it allegedly had 'a Mediterranean feel'.  Well who ever wrote that must have gone somewhere dodgy as I certainly didn't feel a Shirley Valentine moment coming on. Far from it.  It didn't even have palm trees! :0(



How I don't know what goes on with Chinese men over here when they hit their sixties but them seem to think it's rather cool to lift their T-shirts to just above their nipples, then sit with their gut having out.  Maybe they just like to tan their tummies. Hmmmm might have to Google that one lol.  Would try and 'stealth mode' a pic but it's a tricky one to capture!

Well here's today's snaps for you....





And the dodgy head gear of the day award goes to....

Wicker hat PLUS sun visor underneath!!  What a fashion statement. You saw it here first guys!!!

Now, I didn't actually think any tanning was actually taking place today as there seemed more sweat than melanomin production, but I must have caught it nicely (apologies Rex and Jean for this next bit).   I've checked my boobs and they are definitely white compared to the rest of my 'mild coffee' complexion. Now if I can get to a 'full, rich roast' before I even think of coming back to England, I'll be happy.

Please note - I will note be posting photos of the afore mention white bits.

No sign of my new German friend today so thought I might head to one of the nice little bars/restaurants this evening as they have Happy Hour 5-9pm. Checked it out, no sign of any Brits so did I really want to waste £8.50 on a beer regardless of whether it's buy one get one free?  Nope gave that a miss!!!

Been having fantasies of a nice full English breakfast, Sunday Roast and Fish and Chips.  No chance of that. The closest I've found is Fat Angelo's Italian Style Family Restaurant (burgers or pasta) or a little place called Pumpernickel which advertises a traditional breakfast as; sausages, home made pineapple baked beans, toast and steamed egg.  Neither seem to cater for my needs.  Take note, there is a serious gap in the market for ex-pats here!!!

Settled on the Delicious Kitchen, £4.50 for Fried noodles with ham, chicken and shrimp!  Delightful.  My tastebuds were revelling in an orgy of richness! Bonus of no 10% service charge if you have it as a takeaway plus I got my chopstick handling down to perfection now on the comfort of my own bed.  I can only describle my technique as 'snap, scoop and swizzle'  Mr Miyagi would be proud!!!

I'm on a mission to come back as a bronzed beauty so a little bit more tanning is called for tomorrow.  Think I might head to Stanley Beach with a spot of schmoozing round Stanley Market.

Till tomorrow guys! xxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment