Monday 20 September 2010

Day 19 - Tropical thunderstorms!

I see a little silhouetto of a man, Scaramouch, Scaramouch, will you do the Fandango, Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening me!!!!
Got up this morning, it looked a bit cloudy but hey ho. It was dry.  Now I realised you're probably getting a bit bored with my lack of adventures and hearing about Repulse Bay and my tanning exploits so after pouring over my laptop I settled on a nice little day trip to Sheung Chau Island, described as a quaint little fishing village with seafood restaurants and a beach. Yhey, that ticked all my boxes!

All it involved was a 5 min ride on the MTR to Central, short walk to the ferry pier and then a 55 min ferry ride to the island. Ooooh a proper adventure! Put my suntan lotion on, as have been struggling to do my back on the beach, threw my little summer dress on, packed my bag and I was good to go!

Waited an age for the lift as one of them was being serviced, but met a man in there. He asked if I knew it was going to rain today. I replied "It always says that!"  He asked if I was heading to the beach and I told him how I'd planned my little trip to Sheung Chau Island and he said it was a bit risky, but maybe the rain would hold off till the night.



With that the lift doors opened and it was absolutely bucketing it down, like a monsoon!! Well that put paid to my plans so it was a stroll, OK a hurried power walk to McDonald's for a Sausage and Egg McMuffin meal.  Yes, I know I had one yesterday but I was gutted and needed comfort food lol.  Food cures everything!!



Well I ended up confined to barracks all day except for a trek to Starbucks for a lovely cuppa and a piece of Blueberry cheesecake. Hmmmmm delicious!

Well I'm afraid there is absolutely nothing else to report other than the thunder and lightening. A total non-eventful day!  I hope the sun comes back soon, I've got the beach party on Wednesday and I've planned my outfit!!

Take care,

Hayley xxxxxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. What a pain but these things happen Hayles... Things will occasionally get in the way of your plans but it's great that you're up for an adventure cause I reckon you'll defo get one. Catching up on your exploits in reverse order, reading your last few posts - any news on the job front? Gem x

    ReplyDelete