Thursday 16 September 2010

Day 15 - My paradise

Well after working myself up into a right little tizz last night and wanting to come home, I have to say I felt much better today.

Before I came out here, I was put in touch with a girl from England who moved out here 2 yrs ago.  Last night she invited me over to the beach next Wednesday night for the Mid-Autumn Festival, also known as the Moon Festival or Harvest Festival.  How exciting.  They celebrate by lighting lanterns and eating moon cakes oh and of course there will be alcohol lol.

Well today, armed with my book and my sun tan cream, off I went on the bus of death to Repulse Bay.  I know I've been there before but I love it!

It got up to 35 degrees today.  I'm positive I'm sweating calories.  My stomach is like an ironing board and my legs are like bean poles!!  Not that I'm complaining!!


When I took a stroll to the little shop on the beach front to get the umpteenth bottle of water today, I spotted this guided tour strolling round the back of the building.  Intrigued, I followed...


As you can see, the tan is coming along quite nicely.  They've forecast rain and scattered showers over the next few days so have to get my tanning in!!  I have to say, I really do love Repulse Bay!!

Now it wouldn't be the same without a sneaky strange headgear pic...



Observations of the day;
  1. People don't care where they fall asleep. Whether it's on the bus, on a bench or at work.  I saw a security guard asleep the other day and just as I went to get my camera out, his head fell forward and he woke up!!
  2. No matter what time you go out, Hong Kong is full of people
  3. 'Zebra crossings' have so many people rushing over them, it resembles a buffalo stampede!!
Well, I've been having trouble with my Internet connection, so I've had to take to writing this the following morning at the moment.  I hope my connection sorts itself out soon as it's buggering up my Facebook Chat!

Thanks for all the messages from home guys.  It really does mean a lot to me :0) xxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment