Friday 17 September 2010

Day 16 - I'm getting forgetful in my old age!

It comes to something when you realise you haven't got a clue what day of the week it is and you have to dig your phone out to check!

Well, I know this could be boring but today I re-visited My Paradise.  I just don't know what it is, but I just love Repulse Bay!  This is now my 3rd visit!

I think maybe this song has something to do with it;



Now I know you probably thinking I'm addicted to the beach, but I do take precautions, slavering on my faithful Australian Gold as I'm determined I'm not going to end up like this madam;


This is a walking (just about) warning for sun protection!!

Went to the shop on route and captured a right beauty of a pic for you today;


Security guards, you've gotta love them!  If only I could send this to his boss lol.

Well ham and cheese pancakes on the beach today but nothing really much to report except from the usual tanning and I've got the dodgy head gear snaps for you as usual.  I think Friday must be their general maintenance day as there were people pruning trees, working on the building being built on site, sweeping etc.


Actually, I said you'd find it boring but I think I might have seen Simon Cowell on his way down to the beach;

I was loving his rolled over pants lol.


Well the Internet connection went down here yesterday and I just couldn't get online grrrrr.  Went downstairs to reception to try and find out what the problem was and met a lovely man who was also having problems.  While we tried to explain the Internet problem to Sam on reception who speaks basic Chinglish, we got chatting.  He was from London and his wife was originally from Wolverhampton.  They were on their final leg of travelling for the last 6 months.

He'd booked tickets online to visit the Terracotta Warriors. How exciting! Hmmm I think I'll have to look that one up!  We couldn't get a connection sorted so I took my laptop down on the street, hid up the alleyway and tried to connect to the bar who very kindly let me use their wi-fi connection when I first got to Causeway Bay.  I can't believe I was sending an email to my Dad, crouched on the floor, in some dodgy, dark alley!

Got back to my room, the connection still wasn't working but with a bit of imagination and my laptop perched on the windowsill, I now have connection by tapping off someone else's Internet.  Thank you 'Starline' who ever you are lol.

Oooooh and guess who I met?


No, I didn't really, but it certainly would have been exciting wouldn't it lol!!!!

Observations for the day;
  1. People have no shame in rummaging through bins.  The 'Simon Cowell' got quite excited at finding a carrier bag in a bin on the beach!  The other day I saw a woman fish a magazine out the bin at the MTR station!  They'll be selling the Big Issue next lol
  2. My legs refuse to tan at the same rate as the rest of my body no matter how hard I try!
Well that's all folks for now. Enjoy your day xxxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Firstly, legs never ever tan at the same rate, but when they finally catch up you know you're reached optimum tan levels - any further and you start to go leathery; believe me. Secondly oh my god you must go and thee the warriors! how exciting!

    ReplyDelete